If you want to be able to preview NEF (Nikon raw) images in Linux Mint’s file manager Nemo, you need to do the following:
- Open Preferences window for Nemo file manager from Edit -> Preferences menu
- Switch to Preview tab within the Preferences window
- Set “Show Thumbnails” to Always if you want to show thumbnails on remote drives
- Set “Only for files smaller than” to 100 MB
- Install the following packages from Software Manager UI:
Note: Browsing remote/network directories will be sloooooooow if you enable thumbnails for remote drives.